- Covering an area of over 5,400 square miles, the North West is a very diverse region, with Manchester and Liverpool amongst the most diverse cities in Europe.
- With a population of over seven million people, it’s the third most populated region in the UK.
- The region touches on three National Parks – including all of the Lake District, which boasts the highest peak in England (Scafell Pike at a height of 3,209 feet) and three Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- The region includes 21 Acute Trusts, along with 8 Mental Health and 3 Community Trusts.
- It’s also home to 8 Specialist Trusts, including The Christie, which is the largest single site cancer centre in Europe, treating 44,000 patients a year.
- You could be based anywhere in the area shown on the map above. The region of North West covers locations such as Greater Manchester, Merseyside, Cheshire, Lancashire and South Cumbria. The map shows the approximate position in the UK and transport links. Please choose your region carefully when making your application.